How to bring world Peace!
Thanks for being here!
remember to invite your friends.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thanks for being here!
remember to invite your friends.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Process of the platform

Go down

Process of the platform Empty Process of the platform

Post by Dan Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:00 pm

So, a forum that can handle between 2,000 and 7,000,000,000 people's views at once?

Impossible I hear you say!

With the correct process anything is possible. An idea comes into the forums and we have a thumbs up/down structure. Posts are never removed unless truly obscene or offensive, but if enough people "thumbs down" something it is hidden. With categories and thumbs an Idea can be very quickly identified as popular and pushed "up" the process.

In the same way a protest can be identified, something is broken and it needs to be fixed. This system could be automatic in nature where these issues are flagged to be actioned. "who actions them?" is your next question. Well to start with it will be the Admin team until such time there are "pigeon holes" for things to drop into. This applies to big stuff that involves cities or states. Whomever we choose to receive these actions is a public servant there to carry out the orders that they helped to create in the first place.

On smaller local levels there are working groups and action groups. An action group is person(s) that wish to do something. The idea is that I want to, say, build a park down the street. Well first people have to be consulted, it is my task to create a plan of action and invite others in my area to get involved. This don't mean canvassing the entire neighbourhood, because at this stage everyone is connected to the network officially, and everyone (who want's to or needs to) will know about the plan right away.

People who agree with my plan can then join my group and discuss the implementation. When enough people join the group and have had a chance to contribute ideas to the group then it goes public again, with finalised plans. At this stage objections are taken into consideration and if needs be the plan can be altered.

Once the park is built it will need maintenance. This is where a working group comes into play. A working group is a group of people that have a regular task within the community that needs to be fulfilled. It is dynamic and people can come and go as long as the work can be carried on. If the working group is disbanded the task they are set will go undone and be at risk of someone else re-purposing whatever they were doing.

"going public" can be done in one/a combination of ways. There is an email/forum system that delivers what ever is important to the individual, a public meeting that takes place regularly, or "administrators" and "broadcasts" that are held regularly. (I like the first 2 more myself, meetings for anything that wants to be discussed at length for example)

Perhaps these groups apply to the bigger stuff as well...

- The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward. - Amelia Earhart

Dan
Admin

https://letsdothistogether.iftopic.com

Back to top Go down