How to bring world Peace!
Thanks for being here!
remember to invite your friends.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thanks for being here!
remember to invite your friends.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name

3 posters

Go down

Name            Empty Name

Post by Dan Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:07 am

I have gone with Peace! as it sums it all up quite nicely. One person said that the word has been tainted and that it is a questionable choice. anyone have any other ideas?

Dan
Admin

https://letsdothistogether.iftopic.com

Back to top Go down

Name            Empty Re: Name

Post by Balearicdreams Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:23 pm

I still like peace. Perhaps tainted by certain organisations winning the nobel peace prize last year, but I'm still with it. I dont really want to go with anything more exclusively human, such as 'humanity' because it doesnt really encompassas what we are trying to do. I dont really want to go with anything too hipster 'ecological harmony' or such as its a bit exclusive, keeping it simple is the best. According to a well-known site that always comes top on google, the etymology is from the Latin 'pax', perhaps we could use the word in another language (that is still well-known). Alternatively, I guess a word which suggests unity or togetherness could be used. Just thinking aloud as ever.

Balearicdreams
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emm-C Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:47 pm

I personally prefer "unity" as I feel that 'peace' is a bit of an ideal considering the complexity of the human race and the indoctrination of war and contempt through advertising in our daily life. Let's face it, our system is not exactly designed to promote peace. But if it is how the majority feels, I'm happy to go along with it.

Emm-C

Back to top Go down

Post by Balearicdreams Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:28 am

Unity could summarise the coming together of both the myriad of groups working toward a better future, as well as humanity coming together, the oneness of the world, and 'uni' being Latin the stem is popular across a few languages. My heart is still with Peace, as I am an idealist! All points of view appreciated, I'm on the fence for now pending further discussion and consideration.

Balearicdreams
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:03 pm

Well, it's getting to the crunch time. I know there is some bad things about the name Peace! but all we are saying is give peace a chance... lol

After new years it will be time to put some fast plans down. I like Peace, and it is what everything has been called until now. Unity is good as well, but that is also a Flash player! No matter what name it is given there will be something that clashes, I think it's more about the content and delivery.

Dan
Admin

https://letsdothistogether.iftopic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum