How to bring world Peace!
Thanks for being here!
remember to invite your friends.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thanks for being here!
remember to invite your friends.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

british consulate

Go down

british consulate Empty british consulate

Post by Dan Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:29 pm

I am a UK citizen on a working holiday in Australia. Due to circumstances beyond my control I ran out of money abroad and have been homeless for the past four months. There is currently no help being offered to me by the british consulate here, they were trying to get in contact with my family to see if they can help me to get home, but my family do not have the means to help.

I am owed money by the british government (namely croydon housing benefits) and they are not giving me these funds, despite me explaining my situation and being entitled to this money. There is no easy way for me to contract their office from abroad. This money would be more than enough to get me home.

I have been sleeping rough and depending on handouts from churches and people and am lucky to have found these things, or I would have starved by now. I have no way to get home and it is proving difficult to find work in the current economic climate, even if i did not have the complication of being on the streets.

I think there should be more support offered to people in my position to stop people from having to suffer abroad!

Dan
Admin

https://letsdothistogether.iftopic.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum